Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account (including a product user account), participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, register for an event or course, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information you may choose to provide include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, payment information, gender, and information about your company and current position.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect some or all of the following information about you:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We collect information about the precise location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications. We collect this information in accordance with the permission process established by your mobile device operating system. If you want to later opt out of this collection, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Product Usage Information: When you use our enterprise products and services on behalf of your organisation, we collect information about your device and your use of those products and services, including the device IP address, login credentials, time sone, error messages, product interactions and configurations and other similar usage information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you connect an BAR360 account with your social media account, we may have access to certain information from the company that owns or operates the social media account in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by such social media company. BAR360 also receives information about the company you may work for and your approximate location from data enrichment service providers. Additionally, BAR360 receives information about you from other third parties whom you have authorised to share your information, or who collect information in connection with co-branded offerings.
Information We Collect at Our Facilities
If you visit our facilities, the video security cameras we use to help protect our employees, visitors, and property may record digital images of you, and we may collect information from you to enable us to identify you for security purposes.
Use of Information
We use information about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by BAR360 and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Help prevent unauthorised access to our facilities, secure property and information, protect the health and safety of our personnel and visitors, and detect and prevent criminal behaviour or misconduct;
- Comply with our legal obligations; and
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
Sharing of Information
- In connection with a joint marketing campaign, seminar, BAR360 Marketplace product offering or other product or service offered by BAR360 in conjunction with a third party, we share your information with the third parties participating in such offering and such parties may use this information for their direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Rights to Information about Sharing” below for more information about this sharing.
- With resellers of BAR360 products and services or with sellers of products and services complementary to BAR360 products and services, in order to pursue sales opportunities and for other direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Rights to Information about Sharing” below for more information about this sharing.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to perform services for us, including
- providing Product Usage Information to analytics service providers to help BAR360 understand how users use our Services, including Google Analytics, which processes data as described at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites;
- data enrichment service providers that may use the data we provide to help provide similar services to other customers;
- In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of BAR360 or others;
- If you use our Services on behalf of one of our enterprise customers, we share certain information about you and your use of our Services with that customer;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information
BAR360 processes information in Australia and India. Accordingly, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. For instance, data transferred from Australia to BAR360 and its subsidiaries in the United States will be processed pursuant to the Australia Privacy Shield (see below for more details). In other cases, we will use Australia Government approved Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure an adequate level of protection for data originating from the Australia. Copies of the Standard Contractual Clauses we use to facilitate the transfer of data outside the Australia are available here and here.
Individuals in the Australia
If we collect your personal data while you are located in Australia, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of this personal data. Please see the sections below for more details.
BAR360 Australia and BAR360 India are the controllers of the personal data collected about you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process this personal data, we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing our services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we process the personal data we collect from you to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, to enhance the safety and security of our facilities, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- If we request your consent to a specific processing activity, and you provide your consent in the manner indicated.
- In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
We store this personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the Australia, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected. In certain cases, you may also have the right to request that we erase data we are processing or to restrict or object to certain of our processing activities. You may also have the right to request that we provide the personal data you have provided us in a portable form for transmission to another controller’s service. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the Australia and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: https://www.oaic.gov.au/consumer-data-right/
Australia’s national privacy law
BAR360 adhere in their processing of personal data received from the Australia (“Australia Data”) to the Australia’s national privacy law established by the Australia Government. For more information about the privacy law, please visit the https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the privacy law to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If BAR360 does not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge for resolution to JAMS, BAR360’s designated independent Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider, at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/, under certain conditions specified by the privacy law, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. BAR360 is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Government. If BAR360 shares Australia Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on BAR360’s behalf, then BAR360 may be held liable for that third party’s processing of Australia Data in violation of the privacy law, unless BAR360 can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
BAR360 takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.